normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Choices we made

As most of you know, we have moved to BSP. This place is quite a distance from KL, around 30 minutes drive. But, drive without any hassle, any traffic, just straight along the highway. Hence, lebih kurang travelling from KJ actually.
So, we have to leave the house early, as early as 6am and the latest will be 6.15am. I will usually prepare all the relevant stuff like the cuties uniforms, school bags, what to cook for breakfast and the food for cuties to bring to school the nite before. I am not saying it's easy, but that's the choice that we made hence we have to adjust our life to suit the choice that we made.
The time shown above is 6.24am and we were already strolling on the highway on our way to work and for the cuties to school. I will make sure the cuties sleeps at 9pm everyday, actually this is irregardless where we stay, KJ or BSP, the bedtime will still remain at 9am. And this has been a practice since they were very young. They will wake up at 5.30am so, they will still be getting 8.5 hours of sleep. When they wake up, all they need to do is bath and get dress, the rest has been taken care off.
As the title suggest, this is the choices we made, therefore, adjustments need to be made to suit this choice. Yup, we made this choice after weighing all the circumstances and consequences. And yup, no one force us to make this choice. And so far, we are managing it quite well alhamdulilah. Penat skit but when we look at our house and the surroundings, we are very happy with this choice.
We all have choices. Saying that we don't have a choice is quite not so accurate. If you hate your job, you have the choice to leave. But, you made a choice to stay as the income and perks is so good, that's a choice. It's quite unfair if you are saying..."I don't have a choice" when you actually do...
Sorry if anyone is offended but this is my personal opinion. I have made many choices in my life, some good choices and the rest may be bad choices. I may regret the choices I made, but since I am the one who made that choice, I just have to live with it.
I did utter this word before...I don't have a choice...But as I grow older(kedut dah naik sana sini), deep down inside I realised...I have been uttering the wrong choice of words....

3 normalies:

vagg© said...

yaaaa...choice comes with the package of any possible risks. so do the feelings regret and contented, come with the risks of choosing or stop choosing some more to make our life surrounded with total completeness.

lilRed Farah said...

bila kak liza dah dekat.... farihah plak dah terobang jauh :(( ...sob sob sob

Liza said...

vagg - well said!

lil^red - takpe, in no time kita dekat balik...