normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Why do people brag??

Human actions and reactions often fascinates me. How they react as how they reacted and why do they react like they have reacted. In most cases overreacted.
Maybe that's why I am so into psychology, not only to understand myself better also to understand and if Allah permits to tolerate others better.
One of the behaviour which never fails to fascinates and sometimes puzzled me is why do people love to brag. Kalau cakap melayu "masuk bakul angkat sendiri". For me, if you are good, people will know and there is no need for this to be self broadcasted. People will know and ackowledge all this...
I am currently facing this behaviour in the work place. Some people just love to cakap kuat2...cakap boss thinks of her like this and that. Why can't you keep it to yourself. If you are good, don't worry....it will soon be acknowledged....Self proclaimed success is so not necessary.
And how I tolerate this...HEADPHONES with loud music!!! That should do the trick...

2 normalies:

fazid said...

can't tolerate either :D ... people brag to get attention and most of the time they are lonely :P

Liza said...

fazid - spot on my friend!!!