normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Wednesday 21 May 2008

What is the right way?

As I am writing this from my berry, I have loads of mixed feelings in me. Frustration, anger, sadness, guilt...all happening at one time...

Many told me, I am so lucky that the cuties have grown up and can take care of themselves...in comparison when the kids are smaller, no diapers to be changed, no milk to prepare, having a more peaceful meals as they can feed themselves...

I beg to differ!!

You have to go through both phase before you can make a conclusion...otherwise, the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence.

It never got easier. The first 5 years you may be physically exhausted but as they get older, you will require to have both mental and physical strength.

How I wish things can get simpler. How I wish they can just listen to me without having to repeat myself until I sounded like a broken tape recorder. How I wish there is a manual that I can refer to...maybe parenting for dummies...

Exam results does not improve much, attitude is no better. My hero was about to pick a fight with boys older than him before my better half stop this, my baby scratched her ustazah's car cause she was not happy with the ustazah's son for scratching my dad's car, my princess keep on asking for branded stuff just because her friends have them.

Should I spank them? Should I keep on nagging? Should I tell them they are grounded, no TV, no going out to shopping mall, no entertainment!!!

Lots of questions, no answer...

I think I'll lie down for a while...

6 normalies:

lilRed Farah said...

i definitely agree wit u 200% on this matter.....eventhough i havent have kids by my own yet....ini lah usia2 yg kritikal yg sgt memeningkan kepala...belu lg diorg menginjak remaja....mule pandai mcm2...mule rasa nak mcm2..... do whatever u think is right...they really need to know what is the best way to get thru the journey of life.....

HUGS to u kak

Liza said...

lil^red - i always fear for the worst and wish for the best...hope Allah bless us with His kindness

lilRed Farah said...

dropping by to wish u all the best and semoag buleh jawab dgn tenang dan tepat

ita.itu said...

bdk2 kan kak..kalo dah tempuh alam remaja lagi memeningkan..ha no TV? oh tidak..hehe

Jungle Playland said...

since my babies are still todds, i shall reserve my comments.

Once i cross that bridge... we talk about this again...

For now the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence. *smile*

Liza said...

lil^red - thanks dear...same wish to you too...

ita - kena ler tunjuk skit we mean business

dot - can't wait for you to go through that, then we can share stories kan..