normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Hidup bermasyarakat

I have this problem, and this problem is not new.


The problem is.........
I don't know how to hidup berjiran, by definition the relationship that I had in the previous neighbourhood that we used to live in would be Hi and Bye kind of relationship. That, by definition, you will say hi and bye on your way to work and another hi and bye when you come back to work and about to enter your home. And there was this instances where I did not even recognise my own neighbour. Usually this berjiran stuff would be taken care of my better half. I don't even know what's going on outside of our home the moment I walk through our house door.
So, when we moved in to this new neighbourhood, my better half made me promise for me to improve myself in this competency...Especially this new neighbourhood is mostly occupied by senior citizen so it's quite critical to him for us to have a close relationships with the neighbours. Like in the previous area we lived in, he continued to frequently perform his prayers in the nearby surau. He always tells me, "kalau tak pergi surau, nanti kita buat kenduri sape nak datang, nanti kalau kita mati, sape nak uruskan". I silently agree with him on this.
Last Saturday, the neighbourhood had this Hari Raya Haji gathering at the open area near my house. At first, it was suppose to be a pot luck concept, but later they announced for every house to pay RM50 and food will be prepared by the committee. Of course, I love the latter arrangement. However, since I did not get the chance to help the ladies to prepare and cook the food as well as preparing the goodie bags (nope, it was not intentional, I was taking care of my hero who was still on the road to recovery, remember?), I cooked sambal telur as they will be serving Nasi Lemak as part of the buffet spread.
The event started with the tazkirah from this Ustaz from the nearby university. Interesting and suitable topic, Hidup Berjiran. It really captured my attention, I know I totally suck in this area.
The makan2 time was great as well. We minggled and eat and minggled some more. We did not bring the cuties along, my hero would never want to be alone at home...
I will try to improve my weakness in this area. Perhaps this can be one of my New Year resolution...hehehe....

6 normalies:

fazid said...

I also have this problem, still have. My apartment lagi laa, dikelilingi orang yg bekerja, wkdays mmg jrg berjumpe. Wknd pulak I slalu balik rumah my parents. And kalau ada majlis kat surau pun I tak gi sebab masa tu yaya kecik lagi, so u tau la dengan budak kecik kan. Tapi at least, kalau kenduri jiran sebelah menyebelah i gi laaa...It is a good new year resolution, after all that is our culture, kalau kita tak teruskan, sapa lagi...

AK said...

sama gak kowt...
sejak duk asrama, malas betul nak kuar nak g kenal2 jiran cmtuh
dulu ok je
mak bapak slalu bising suh g surau, diowang pon mention 'nanti kang ko kawen takde sapa datang nolong'
mak bapak pon bersosial kat surau je la... mak kan housewife, so lalui tuh dia wat kawan...
i need to improve myself as well =p

Anonymous said...

saya nak gak borak2 ngan jiran2 tapi sume jiran x nampak batang hidung kalau nampak pun masa pi taman jek.. papa mya selalu lah jumpa org coz manyak xtvt tuk kaum bapa hehehe..

pssttt ada tag tuk liza hehehe

re = nie dah x tensen hehehe sedang bagi org tensen tengah menjawab tag hiks..

harap2 ada laaa jodoh kita bertemu insyaallah

ita.itu said...

jiran2 ni susah la kak..kdg drg ni sombong.kdg segan nak tego...kdg kita senyum kat drg, drg wat dek jek....lps tu kimsalam la kan

ita.itu said...

jiran2 ni susah la kak..kdg drg ni sombong.kdg segan nak tego...kdg kita senyum kat drg, drg wat dek jek....lps tu kimsalam la kan

Liza said...

to all, let's all start to develop this new culture, bukan maksud nak jaga tepi kain org, just nak hidup bermasyarakat