normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Thursday 11 December 2008

Macam2 Makan Raya

Raya, any Raya is the day where you eat and eat and eat, nothing else but eat. I am so thankful I did not over do it this time around. In most circumstances, memang makan macam tak hingat!
I have to keep on reminding myself, I have lost about 3 kg and that took a lot of effort, let's not spoil it just because I can't overcome my temptation.
My mom in-law cooked the normal ketupat nasi impit and other food related to this. I am so thankful to have a very understanding mom in-law who loves to pamper me. Whenever I go back to Batu Pahat, she usually would ask me to rest, she keep on saying I have worked hard to earn a living at the same time maintaining the family, so bila balik kampung she insist I rest. So, she will do the cooking and serving. But, rasa bersalah gak kan, I will still be in the kitchen. Dah nama pun duduk kampung, harus ler ada yang mengata kalau menantu tak jenguk dapur.
Right after the Qurban, my mom in-law cooked sup tulang. This food suited with the weather, it was cold as it rained non stop satu hari satu malam. Memang sedap makan dgn sambal kicap. Terangkat!
The next day, when we were back at our house, we woke up early to beraya at my mom's house. No prizes for guessing, of course there's more food involved. Apa lagik, makan ler...My mom cooked ketupat, kuah kacang and rendang. Sedap!!!
But, the weird thing about our family, usually during Raya, we would want to eat something else besides the typical ketupat rendang. So, we had some food at a Mamak place at Parit Raja. The cuties wanted western food so they had chicken chop and lamb chop to be shared. Myself and my better half just had a drink. I wanted maggi soup, ada ke patut kedai mamak tak de maggi soup, very the not so mamak kan?
Raya oh Raya, nasib baik ler setahun 2 kali, if sebulan sekali, sebesar belon ler badan nie kan?

3 normalies:

fazid said...

liza, kat kampung ke bandar ke, sama aje. dah adab dan budaya kita, kalau tak nolong, kite meneman orang di dapur kan. setengah orang anggap itu sbg budi bahasa. i pun akan rasa segan/tak sedap kalau tak ke dapur, tak kisah la rumah sedara ke, kawan ke. maybe i nie old fashion kot...ahahaha

vagg© said...

luasnya mulut si adik tuh.. ekekeke. mmg nostalgic le kalo tgk rambut depan dia tuh hah kak

Liza said...

fazid-that's true, but I just wish people just keep their comment to themselves

vagg-rambut retro gitu