normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Thursday 11 December 2008

Qurban@Batu Pahat - The sequel

While celebrating this, we got to witness(at least the cuties and my better half did, I was a total chicken!) That's the beauty celebrating Raya Qurban at my better half's hometown, the Qurban will be done within your house compound.
Before Qurban is done, usually it will start with a simple Doa Selamat, food served will be sweet delicacies like Pulut with Kelapa and Gula Merah, cakes and of course, the ever favourite Apam. My better half's has been craving for the Pulut Gula Merah for quite sometime. That explains tak nyempat2 tangan nak makan, sampai ambik gambar pun tangan enter frame.
Then, the whole Qurban ceremony started. Jatuhkan lembu dulu baru boleh sembelih yer adik2.
I choose not to publish the photos while the cow is being slaughtered. I felt it was too explicit and too scary. Then again, I am a chicken! So, this is when the whole cow was being cut and ready to be distributed to the org2 kampung. This was done in the rain, it was raining non-stop since the day before.
Come to think of it, I felt sad Raya Qurban felt like just any other day. As A Muslim, I felt it should be celebrated if not more at least similar to Raya Puasa. Felt insulted gak, Christmas is so far away and the shopping malls have started with the Christmas celebrations instead. Can't they just do one ceremony after another. But then again, kalau orang Islam sendiri pun buat dek to celebrate Raya Qurban, what do we expect from others kan? We are getting really ignorant, I guess...
Don't be offended yer, it's just my personal thoughts!

5 normalies:

fazid said...

i nak apam gule merah tu....

Neeza.Areef said...

hi bp kt mane...

Liza said...

fazid - nanti i get the recipe from my mom in law yer

neezaref - bp kat parit raja

lilRed Farah said...

i miss those surroundings...
lama farihah tgk gambar gambar tuh
heheheh

eh kak liza... betol betol!!!
kat sini diorg (malaysian society) buat christmas party the same day dgn hari org wukuf.. gilakah????

Liza said...

lil^red-the environment mmg best, on the christmas thingy, sometimes rasa malu tgk muslims are behaving like that