normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Saturday 15 August 2009

Growing up with 7-11 slurpee

I don’t know about the rest of you but when I was growing up, I love going to 7-11. I felt it’s like a trip I look forward too. I remembered back then, I would save the money my parents gave me and have a 7-11 splurge at the end of the week. Apart for the sundae cone(which I and Iwan-my brother called patuk2 due to the shape), we love the Big Gulp(which we called Big Glup) and who can the Slurpee.

I think only Slurpee still available at 7-11. One fine hot day, I took the day off and took the opportunity to fetch the cuties from school. The weather was so hot so I offered them a treat of Slurpee at 7-11.They love the fact they can help themselves to put the Slurpee in the cup. Self service works for the kids, adult like me would prefer to be served.

My childhood was not a luxury childhood. I was brought up to earn what I want hence I trying to culcate the same behavior to the cuties. However, sometimes I do spoil them occasional. Can’t blame me, I work hard for them, so the most rationale thing to do to spend the hard earned money on them. But, I will always remind them to be prudent with our spending….something I think all mothers would remind their children.

1 normalies:

adenium said...

lama tak g 7-e... dulu kalau slurpee.. suker yang kaler...purple... atau merah..hehhehe