normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Movie Review - The Proposal

Let me start this entry with a caviat, I always love Sandra Bullock. From her serious movie starring Mathew Mcoughney(did I spell this right?) called A Time to Kill where she played a lawyer in this very dramatic movie, to the bus driver is Speed, then the divorcee in Hope Floats and of course the detective turn Ms USA in Ms Congeniality, Sandra rarely fails me in her movies.

I was very excited to watch this movie. Love the cast especially who else, Sandra Bullock. But, I know my better half is not into this kind of hopelessly in love movie as his preferance has always been the more people die the better kind of movie. And I also know if I asked him to go and watch his movie, his response would be "tunggu ler kluar kat Astro".

So, I went ahead with plan B, go and watch the movie with my girlfriends. Which exactly what I did last Friday during lunch hour. I was stuck in a meeting and thought I will be late for the movie. But, alhamdulilah, when we entered the theatre and sat, the movie begun immediately. It's a good sign after all the running and rushing to buy popcorns.


Synopsis (my version at least)


This boss from hell, who would do anything for a career boost, was about to be deported to Canada and will be replaced by this guy whom she fired few minutes earlier. She then figured, by marrying her assistant, she will get to stay and that's what she did. However, little did she know, it's not as simple as it seems. She ended up having to go through this rigid procedure initiated by the immigration and later having to meet the guy's family in Alaska. Lots of funny moment like when they were both naked unintentionally, the ritual dance done by Margaret(Sandra's character) with Andrew's(the hero in the movie) grandma, the most multi tasking person I have ever met, Ramon doing his stuff and many more. Of course in the end is quite cliche but who cares. I am here to see happy moments to release my stress.
My take on the movie....
I LOVE IT!!!! A must watch and you will be floating once the movie ends (At least I was)
So, next movie in line - Ghost of Girlfriend Past...tak sabarnyer!!!!

4 normalies:

fazid said...

best ekk....double thumbs up?? I am a great fan of bullock too... paling suke "while you were sleeping" :D

aisha said...

Kak Liza, cepat gi GGP..best gak.. sgt sweet and shomeelll....
jangan lupa bawak the cuties gi tgk citer kartun "UP" ek..

adenium said...

suker tgk bibir matthew...
macam nak tgk lagik sekali jer the proposal nih....emmm... sonokkkk

Liza said...

fazid - 3 thumbs up plus the thumb of my kaki wayang mate

aisha - kalau berkesempatan insyallah

sid - amboi sid......