normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Belasungkawa - Kamisah Abdul Rahman

I was early to work today, in fact very early, arrived around 5 minutes to 7. Thought can start early after a longer than usual weekend.

Had breakfast once I completed an important task and while on the way up, I received a call from my mom and she was frantic. She said something about my auntie, Embo Enab passed away.

I could not believe my ears. Did I hear the right thing? This could not be possible. I didn't know Embo was ill. She is still young...so, once I reached my room, I called my mom again, to my horror, what I heard earlier was true. We've just lost our dear auntie, real name Kamisah, known to us as Embo Enab.

My father has 18 sibblings, yes, 18 and from one father and one mother. Out of the 18, there are 4 sets of twins, my dad is one of the twin. And that's how my Embo got her calling name, from the word Kembar. Her twin's name is Kasmah but known dearly as Embo Eton.

Embo Enab was the auntie the closest to me. Before she got married, she stayed with my family and took care of us. She was a great cook, with her varieties in recipes, from her famous karipap pusing, her fluffy doughnut(even Big Apple is not even a close contender) to her home made serunding.

She got married later to a distant cousin, an arranged marriage and stayed in JB with her in laws. Due to the distance, we hardly see each other, if we are lucky maybe once a year during Hari Raya. She delivered 6 kids.

What a wife fears the most happened to her. Her husband passed away about 7 years ago after suffering from cancer. She then returned to Kuala Selangor and stayed with my grandma.

Embo Enab left 4 children, ranging from 17 years to 12 years of age. As she was a single mother, all her kids except for the youngest stayed in boarding schools. They are all high flyers in their studies, I guess they do appreciate how hard and difficult for their mother to raised them.

As for me, Embo Enab left me with a wonderful memory, a woman with a very kind and pure heart. A woman who didn't complain how difficult life is but cherish the moment even the difficult ones. A woman who made us laugh with her jokes and who serve the most delicious meals especially during festive seasons like hari raya(her rendang kerang is to die for!).

She will be dearly missed by all of us. Al - Fatihah to Arwah Embo Enab...I miss her already(sob sob)

5 normalies:

Anonymous said...

Innalillah. semoga Normal & keluarga tabah. Al-fatihah.

lilRed Farah said...

al fatihah tu allahyarhamah

Liza said...

thanks for the kind wishes

Jungle Playland said...

Al-fatihah buat arwah.

(So there's a high posibility that you will have twins. How lucky. I've been dreaming on how to get twins.)

Liza said...

dot - with the condition that i am in now, having another kid pun dah dapat scary thoughts ini pulak having twins...