normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Tuesday 18 November 2008

The family celebration

Mobile Ringing....(Song - Big Girls Don't Cry)
"Assalammualaikum, akak Mami nie, Mami tau akak busy but today is your birthday...Please make sure you come home early for family dinner.."

How can you say no to your mom...especially when you know she is cooking a feast just for your birthday. I guess I can let go of my no-dinner-diet for just one night, that is my birthday night.
The traffic was not kind though. Like the traffic knows it's my birthday. Like the whole world need to stop just because it's my birthday(though i secretly wish for that to happen)
I arrived home right after maghrib. After solat, the family dinner started. Iwan was there to recite the doa and thank God it was a short one cause I know the cuties are starving. My parents cooked siput sedut masak lemak, ikan masak cili(ikan gerut2, have you heard of this), sambal tumis ikan bilis, ulam with sambal belacan and fried chicken. Of course, there's a birthday cake.
The cuties were very sweet. They actually bought birthday presents for me(fully funded by my better half). My hero even explained to me why he is giving 2 presents. He said it was buy one free one...hahahaha!!!!
What did they get me? Next entry lah yer...All and all, I had a great time!

7 normalies:

attyfir said...

sedapnya semua fud tu..
palin beh..siput sedut

vagg© said...

what a wonderful birthday kak.
em masa kecik kan.. suka je nk kasi adiah kat mak. bila dia bukak.. tgk2 sabun mandi yg saya bungkus dalam wrapper cantik. hahaha

M4M4 MY4 said...

wah bestnye.. besday saya mak saya x ingat punnnnnn uwaaaa uwaaa saya dah lama membawa diri sebab tue mak saya lupa besday saya.. nie nak nangis nie.. wuwuwuwu

fazid said...

birthday is more meaningful if you celebrate it with love one. after all, dari situ kite bermula kan.

aiyah the spread buat i terliur laaa... especially the siput sedut...

Mommy Lily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS !!!!

wish you all the best and luck

semoga bahagia selalu disamping keluarga

azrul izwan said...

sedut jgn tak sedut!;p

ikan gerut2?? perut ikan tau ler tp tabole dimakan yer sbb busuk dan baunyer tidak menyenangkan;p

Liza said...

atty - masakan mak, apa pun best kan?

vagg - it was a wonderful birthday indeed

mamamya - jgn ler nangis, be happy yer

fazid - you are so right!

mommy lily - thanks

azrul - sedut sedaya upaya, ape nie perut ikan...geli tau!